Read Stories about Research at Mason that have appeared in our Momentum newsletter.
- Mason and Fairfax County Police join forces for groundbreaking study on career trajectories of police officersApril 18, 2023At a time when policing in the United States is facing major challenges, Masonâ€™s Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy is beginning a first-of-its-kind multi-method longitudinal study of a cohort of police officers to understand how officers progress through their law enforcement careers.
- April 17, 2023Probiotic supplementation staved off the negative effects associated with a high-fat diet, illustrating how probiotics may play a key role in preventative health care, ·¬ÇÑÊÓÆµ study indicates.
- Nurses trained via virtual reality performed better than those trained by inpatient clinical trainingApril 13, 2023This promising preliminary research comes from a new pilot study by Bethany Cieslowski, Associate Professor of Nursing in Masonâ€™s College of Public Health
- April 11, 2023Mason researchers are making inroads in an important element of health diagnosis and treatment, and with funding from the Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation (VIPC) Commonwealth Commercialization Fund, are seeking to launch a startup to commercialize their developments.
- New TraCCC fellowship aims to strengthen democracy, fight corruption in three Central American countriesApril 3, 2023The Terrorism, Transnational Crime and Corruption Center (TraCCC) at ·¬ÇÑÊÓÆµ has received $9.9 million to establish a unique fellowship that will provide nationals from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras critical tools to help strengthen democracy and fight corruption in their home countries.
- March 14, 2023Masonâ€™s Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media (RRCHNM), the Fairfax Cityâ€™s Office of Historic Resources, and the Brandy Station Foundation recently received a $60,000 grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Office of Preservation and Access, to support their digital archive project.
- January 4, 2023Mason infectious disease researcher Aarthi Narayanan has partnered with the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) and Cyclica, a biotechnology company based in Canada, to identify potential broad-spectrum therapeutics for illnesses triggered by HFVs and similar pathogens.
- December 14, 2022Mason researchers Jeffrey Moran in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, RÃ©mi Veneziano in the Department of Bioengineering, and Monique van Hoek, a microbiologist in the School of Systems Biology, won the NBIB R21 Trailblazer award. The team will research methods to dissolve harmful biofilms.
- November 7, 2022Mason freshmen Pranay Yella and Pranav Reddippali were on the team that took second place at the Mason/Amazon 2022 Bring Down Counterfeiting Public Policy Hackathon.
- September 27, 2022A new grant brings the Schar School and Duke University together in an effort to help U.S. communities devastated by the opioid crisis.
- July 26, 2022·¬ÇÑÊÓÆµ has received a $3.75M per capita grant from GO Virginia, a state-funded initiative administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
- July 20, 2022Jack is a member of the Gender Exploration of Neurogenetics and Development to Advanced Autism Research Consortium, a National Institutes of Health-funded Autism Centers of Excellence (ACE) network focused on learning more about how sex and gender relate to biology, behavior, and the well-being of autistic children, teenagers, and young adults.